Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Second Midterm and World Crises Project

             On Friday we took the second midterm for the course and I thought the programming questions were quite a bit more difficult than the ones on the first exam. While the reading questions were my main weakness on the first exam, I thought the reading questions, the few there were, were pretty simple this time around. Unfortunately, knowing that I had a hard time with the reading questions last time made me study the readings that much more this time. I reread all of the papers and the Database Design website and filled up half of my cheat sheet with important points for each, but did not use this whatsoever on the exam. I thought the programming questions on the first exam were very straightforward and simple for the most part, but the ones on the second exam took much more critical thinking and I felt much more unprepared for them.Overall, I wasn't expecting the level of difficulty on the programming problems that I had faced.
               This week we also finished up the first part of the World Crises project. This is the first project I've ever worked on with more than three people. It was definitely a different experience from any other group project I've ever worked on. It was hard keeping track of what everyone else was working on since the scope of the project was so large and to be honest I felt a lot more unsure about the details of what everyone was doing. Usually when working on group projects I would have some hand in everything that was done, but this time we split up the work between everyone so my main focus was the front end. I worked mostly on the static html pages which was quite enjoyable since I had worked with html before. 


           

No comments:

Post a Comment